Recycled fabrics are made from plastic waste. The use of recycled materials considerably reduces waste, and offers a second life to something already used.
How to obtain recycled fabrics?
There are several methods to obtain recycled fabrics.
Using plastic bottles drifting in our oceans:
- Plastic bottles are collected
- Bottles are crushed, then melted, until they are transformed into threads
- Threads is then woven into clothing from recycled polyester
From used clothing:
- Thanks to donations, used textiles will be recycled
- Used textiles are shredded to a fibre state
- Fibres are then twisted into yarn
Recycled fabrics : better for the planet. Why ?
Recycled fabrics allow an ethical and eco-responsible production, contributing to reducing pollution, water and energy consumption.
Source : Bank & Vogue
Keywords : recycled fabrics, ethical, eco-responsible, plastic waste.